While everyone loves a big party and a wedding it the epitome of a big party, you only need three things to get married, legally, in Maricopa County - an officially recognized officiant, two willing participants and a marriage license issued by the county.
Here is your quick, all in one place, guide to knowing where to go and what to do to get that all important piece of paper (which is good for anywhere in the state of Arizona).
Both of you must appear in person, with state issued photo ID's.
You must both be over the age of 18. (If you are underage, you must be accompanied by your parents, legal guardian or have a notarized parental consent form.)
As of 5/17/2016, the cost of a marriage license is $76.00 payable in cash or money order, no personal checks will be accepted (some locations will take a credit card).
Your license is good for one year from date of purchase. It can be used the day it it issued.
For a complete list of county locations that issue licenses and their hours of operations visit the Maricopa County Clerk of the Superior Court site.
- In Buckeye visit the White Tank Justice Court located at 21749 W. Yuma Rd. Buckeye, AZ 85326 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In Chandler visit either the San Marcos Justice Court located at 201 E. Chicago St. Suite 103 Chandler, AZ 85225 (Monday-Friday 10 am to 3 pm money order only) or the San Tan Justice Court located at 201 E. Chicago St. Suite 102 Chandler, AZ 85225 (Monday-Friday 10 am to 3 pm money order only).
- In Gila Bend visit Ironwood Justice Court located at 209 E. Pima Gila Bend, AZ 85337 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In Gilbert visit the Highland Justice Court located at 55 E. Civic Center Dr. Suite 55 Gilbert, AZ 85296 (Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm).
- In Mesa visit the Southeast Court Complex located at 222 E. Javelina Mesa, AZ 85210 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In downtown Phoenix visit the Phoenix Downtown Customer Service Center located at 601 W. Jackson Phoenix, AZ 85003 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In northeast Phoenix visit the Northeast Regional Court Center located at 18380 N. 40th St. Suite 120 Phoenix, AZ 85032 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In west Phoenix visit the Maryvale Justice Court locate at 4622 W. Indian School Suite 10 Phoenix, AZ 85031 (Monday 8 am to 4 pm, closed on Tuesday, Wednesday from 8 am to 12 pm, Thursday and Friday from 8 am to 4 pm).
- In Surprise visit the Northwest Regional Court Center located at 14264 W. Tierra Buena Ln. Surprise, AZ 85374 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In Tolleson visit the Agua Fria Justice Court located at 9550 W. Van Buren Suite 6 Tolleson, AZ 85353 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- In Youngtown visit the Youngtown City Court located at 12033 Clubhouse Square Youngtown, AZ 85363 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm).
Sweet I Do's is a wedding planning company located in Surprise, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix). We specialize in wedding day management (also known as day of coordination). We help you create an amazing, unique and totally "you" wedding that allows you to be in the moments making the memories, not worrying about the details. From contract review and timeline creation to day of management, set up and tear down, we're focused on ensuring our couples, their families and friends experience a stress and worry free night to remember.