Congratulations! You got engaged over the holidays! You may have even set a date or you heard that the bridal show was happening and thought it would be fun to just see what your options are and to maybe get a good deal!
Take a minute to read our tips on attending a bridal show.
1. Wear comfy shoes – while those fabulous shoes you got for Christmas look amazing, they probably aren’t practical for walking around on a concrete floor for a couple of hours. Chose comfort and your feet will thank you!
2. Bring water – you will get thirsty and just like the airport, the price for a bottle of water is slightly inflated. Besides you’ll want to be hydrated to enjoy an adult beverage or two.
3. Bring a backpack or reinforced bag – with over 400 vendors all trying to get information into your hands, the flimsy bag (if you’re lucky to get one) provided by some of the vendors won’t hold much (those wedding magazines are HEAVY). Also, don’t be afraid to say “no” to a vendor that you aren’t interested in.
4. Create a wedding only email address – you’ll want a place for all the marketing materials to go to that won’t clog up your everyday inbox. And bonus, if you find a vendor you love you can give them your daily email address and save yourself from having to filter through everything to find their correspondence.
5. Create labels – your hand (or the hand of your best friend or fiancé) will be tired after writing all of your information over and over again. Create a simple label with your name, email address and wedding date on it. That is what most vendors need and all you really need to provide. Plus, the vendors will be able to read it!
6. Have fun – while it will seem overwhelming and daunting, just try and have fun. Enjoy the experience, get some fun ideas, talk with some fabulous vendors and get some valuable information.
Sweet I Do's is a wedding planning company located in Surprise, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix). We specialize in wedding day management (also known as day of coordination). We help you create an amazing, unique and totally "you" wedding that allows you to be in the moments making the memories, not worrying about the details. From contract review and timeline creation to day of management, set up and tear down, we're focused on ensuring our couples, their families and friends experience a stress and worry free night to remember.