You've been busily planning your wedding for months.
You've reached out to a ton of vendors and picked your favorites.
You're fairly certain that everything on your checklist is completed and all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.
If you don't have a planner or coordinator working for you to follow up and ensure that everything is done, contracted, paid for and confirmed, you need to take a step back and look at everything again.
What you need to look for
Starting with your venue and going down the list of all of your vendors and yes, even those small Etsy purchases and Amazon Prime shipments, double check that
1. Every contract has been fully executed and details out specifically what you are getting and when you will be getting it. If you don't have a contract, double check that the receipt shows paid in full, what you ordered and when you will receive it.
2. That all payments have cleared your account. Regardless if you paid by debit card, check, auto-withdrawal or some other form of payment check to make sure you can prove that you have paid everything in full.
3. Remember that conversation you had with your florist after your consultation about adding an extra corsage to your order and that you wanted flowers for the cake? Check to make sure it got added (and paid for if necessary).
4. Keep track of all online purchases and make sure that you completed the transaction and you know when the items will arrive. Be diligent if your estimated shipping date has passed and reach out to get a revised date.
5. If you aren't sure that something will be provided, ask the question. It's better to ask and find out you need to get it versus expecting it and having no way to get it on your wedding day.
I have coordinated so many weddings where something was implied or casually discussed and never made it into the actual orders for the wedding - cake stands, extra flowers for the cake, cake toppers, cute favors that never shipped, things that got delayed and couldn't be used at the wedding and couldn't be sold or returned afterwards. Protect yourself from that moment of sadness when you realize that something that meant enough to you to find and order it or ask for won't be happening - track your vendors and purchases and revisit this list frequently to ensure everything is exactly the way you want it and arrives on time!
You can use this checklist of purchases when packing everything to take to the venue, then nothing will get left behind!